Uninstall Quicksilver Application in Mac OS X Quicksilver removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Quicksilver apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Quicksilver completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Quicksilver application?
Uninstalling Quicksilver in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Quicksilver you simply need to drag & drop the Quicksilver application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Quicksilver from your machine.
Quicksilver Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Quicksilver application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Quicksilver supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Quicksilver Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Quicksilver is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Quicksilver has saved the files. Some of the location where Quicksilver would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Quicksilver completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Quicksilver Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Quicksilver & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Quicksilver application process running then quit it, make sure that Quicksilver processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Quicksilver name.
- Searching "Quicksilver" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Quicksilver app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Quicksilver Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Quicksilver app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.