Uninstall VueScan Application in Mac OS X VueScan removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall VueScan apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall VueScan completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling VueScan application?
Uninstalling VueScan in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the VueScan you simply need to drag & drop the VueScan application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the VueScan from your machine.
VueScan Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of VueScan application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. VueScan supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the VueScan Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of VueScan is not that easy, you need to find all the location where VueScan has saved the files. Some of the location where VueScan would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall VueScan completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the VueScan Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall VueScan & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the VueScan application process running then quit it, make sure that VueScan processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the VueScan name.
- Searching "VueScan" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the VueScan app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning VueScan Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove VueScan app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.