Uninstall Adobe AIR Application in Mac OS X Adobe AIR removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Adobe AIR apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Adobe AIR completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Adobe AIR application?
Uninstalling Adobe AIR in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Adobe AIR you simply need to drag & drop the Adobe AIR application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Adobe AIR from your machine.
Adobe AIR Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Adobe AIR application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Adobe AIR supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Adobe AIR Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Adobe AIR is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Adobe AIR has saved the files. Some of the location where Adobe AIR would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Adobe AIR completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Adobe AIR Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Adobe AIR & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Adobe AIR application process running then quit it, make sure that Adobe AIR processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Adobe AIR name.
- Searching "Adobe AIR" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Adobe AIR app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Adobe AIR Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Adobe AIR app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.