Uninstall Calibre Application in Mac OS X Calibre removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Calibre apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Calibre completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Calibre application?
Uninstalling Calibre in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Calibre you simply need to drag & drop the Calibre application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Calibre from your machine.
Calibre Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Calibre application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Calibre supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Calibre Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Calibre is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Calibre has saved the files. Some of the location where Calibre would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Calibre completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Calibre Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Calibre & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Calibre application process running then quit it, make sure that Calibre processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Calibre name.
- Searching "Calibre" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Calibre app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Calibre Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Calibre app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.