Uninstall Lyn Application in Mac OS X Lyn removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Lyn apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Lyn completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Lyn application?
Uninstalling Lyn in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Lyn you simply need to drag & drop the Lyn application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Lyn from your machine.
Lyn Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Lyn application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Lyn supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Lyn Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Lyn is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Lyn has saved the files. Some of the location where Lyn would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Lyn completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Lyn Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Lyn & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Lyn application process running then quit it, make sure that Lyn processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Lyn name.
- Searching "Lyn" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Lyn app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Lyn Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Lyn app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.