Uninstall XtraFinder Application in Mac OS X XtraFinder removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall XtraFinder apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall XtraFinder completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling XtraFinder application?
Uninstalling XtraFinder in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the XtraFinder you simply need to drag & drop the XtraFinder application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the XtraFinder from your machine.
XtraFinder Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of XtraFinder application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. XtraFinder supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the XtraFinder Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of XtraFinder is not that easy, you need to find all the location where XtraFinder has saved the files. Some of the location where XtraFinder would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall XtraFinder completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the XtraFinder Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall XtraFinder & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the XtraFinder application process running then quit it, make sure that XtraFinder processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the XtraFinder name.
- Searching "XtraFinder" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the XtraFinder app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning XtraFinder Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove XtraFinder app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.