Uninstall iDefrag Application in Mac OS X iDefrag removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall iDefrag apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall iDefrag completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling iDefrag application?
Uninstalling iDefrag in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the iDefrag you simply need to drag & drop the iDefrag application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the iDefrag from your machine.
iDefrag Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of iDefrag application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. iDefrag supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the iDefrag Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of iDefrag is not that easy, you need to find all the location where iDefrag has saved the files. Some of the location where iDefrag would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall iDefrag completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the iDefrag Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall iDefrag & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the iDefrag application process running then quit it, make sure that iDefrag processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the iDefrag name.
- Searching "iDefrag" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the iDefrag app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning iDefrag Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove iDefrag app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.