Uninstall Atom Application in Mac OS X Atom removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Atom apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Atom completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Atom application?
Uninstalling Atom in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Atom you simply need to drag & drop the Atom application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Atom from your machine.
Atom Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Atom application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Atom supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Atom Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Atom is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Atom has saved the files. Some of the location where Atom would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Atom completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Atom Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Atom & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Atom application process running then quit it, make sure that Atom processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Atom name.
- Searching "Atom" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Atom app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Atom Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Atom app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.