Uninstall LaTeXiT Application in Mac OS X LaTeXiT removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall LaTeXiT apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall LaTeXiT completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling LaTeXiT application?
Uninstalling LaTeXiT in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the LaTeXiT you simply need to drag & drop the LaTeXiT application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the LaTeXiT from your machine.
LaTeXiT Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of LaTeXiT application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. LaTeXiT supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the LaTeXiT Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of LaTeXiT is not that easy, you need to find all the location where LaTeXiT has saved the files. Some of the location where LaTeXiT would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall LaTeXiT completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the LaTeXiT Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall LaTeXiT & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the LaTeXiT application process running then quit it, make sure that LaTeXiT processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the LaTeXiT name.
- Searching "LaTeXiT" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the LaTeXiT app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning LaTeXiT Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove LaTeXiT app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.