Uninstall Fission Application in Mac OS X Fission removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Fission apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Fission completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Fission application?
Uninstalling Fission in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Fission you simply need to drag & drop the Fission application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Fission from your machine.
Fission Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Fission application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Fission supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Fission Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Fission is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Fission has saved the files. Some of the location where Fission would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Fission completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Fission Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Fission & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Fission application process running then quit it, make sure that Fission processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Fission name.
- Searching "Fission" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Fission app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Fission Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Fission app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.