Uninstall Retrospect Application in Mac OS X Retrospect removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Retrospect apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Retrospect completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Retrospect application?
Uninstalling Retrospect in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Retrospect you simply need to drag & drop the Retrospect application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Retrospect from your machine.
Retrospect Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Retrospect application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Retrospect supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Retrospect Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Retrospect is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Retrospect has saved the files. Some of the location where Retrospect would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Retrospect completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Retrospect Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Retrospect & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Retrospect application process running then quit it, make sure that Retrospect processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Retrospect name.
- Searching "Retrospect" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Retrospect app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Retrospect Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Retrospect app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.