Uninstall Contexts Application in Mac OS X Contexts removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Contexts apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Contexts completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Contexts application?
Uninstalling Contexts in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Contexts you simply need to drag & drop the Contexts application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Contexts from your machine.
Contexts Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Contexts application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Contexts supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Contexts Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Contexts is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Contexts has saved the files. Some of the location where Contexts would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Contexts completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Contexts Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Contexts & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Contexts application process running then quit it, make sure that Contexts processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Contexts name.
- Searching "Contexts" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Contexts app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Contexts Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Contexts app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.