Uninstall Shimo Application in Mac OS X Shimo removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Shimo apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Shimo completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Shimo application?
Uninstalling Shimo in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Shimo you simply need to drag & drop the Shimo application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Shimo from your machine.
Shimo Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Shimo application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Shimo supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Shimo Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Shimo is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Shimo has saved the files. Some of the location where Shimo would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Shimo completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Shimo Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Shimo & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Shimo application process running then quit it, make sure that Shimo processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Shimo name.
- Searching "Shimo" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Shimo app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Shimo Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Shimo app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.