Uninstall VimR Application in Mac OS X VimR removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall VimR apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall VimR completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling VimR application?
Uninstalling VimR in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the VimR you simply need to drag & drop the VimR application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the VimR from your machine.
VimR Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of VimR application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. VimR supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the VimR Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of VimR is not that easy, you need to find all the location where VimR has saved the files. Some of the location where VimR would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall VimR completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the VimR Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall VimR & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the VimR application process running then quit it, make sure that VimR processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the VimR name.
- Searching "VimR" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the VimR app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning VimR Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove VimR app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.