Uninstall SmartSVN Application in Mac OS X SmartSVN removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall SmartSVN apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall SmartSVN completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling SmartSVN application?
Uninstalling SmartSVN in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the SmartSVN you simply need to drag & drop the SmartSVN application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the SmartSVN from your machine.
SmartSVN Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of SmartSVN application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. SmartSVN supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the SmartSVN Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of SmartSVN is not that easy, you need to find all the location where SmartSVN has saved the files. Some of the location where SmartSVN would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall SmartSVN completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the SmartSVN Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall SmartSVN & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the SmartSVN application process running then quit it, make sure that SmartSVN processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the SmartSVN name.
- Searching "SmartSVN" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the SmartSVN app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning SmartSVN Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove SmartSVN app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.