Uninstall CrossOver Application in Mac OS X CrossOver removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall CrossOver apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall CrossOver completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling CrossOver application?
Uninstalling CrossOver in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the CrossOver you simply need to drag & drop the CrossOver application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the CrossOver from your machine.
CrossOver Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of CrossOver application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. CrossOver supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the CrossOver Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of CrossOver is not that easy, you need to find all the location where CrossOver has saved the files. Some of the location where CrossOver would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall CrossOver completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the CrossOver Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall CrossOver & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the CrossOver application process running then quit it, make sure that CrossOver processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the CrossOver name.
- Searching "CrossOver" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the CrossOver app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning CrossOver Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove CrossOver app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.