Uninstall Live Application in Mac OS X Live removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Live apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Live completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Live application?
Uninstalling Live in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Live you simply need to drag & drop the Live application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Live from your machine.
Live Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Live application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Live supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Live Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Live is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Live has saved the files. Some of the location where Live would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Live completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Live Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Live & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Live application process running then quit it, make sure that Live processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Live name.
- Searching "Live" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Live app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Live Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Live app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.