Uninstall VirtualBox Application in Mac OS X VirtualBox removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall VirtualBox apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall VirtualBox completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling VirtualBox application?
Uninstalling VirtualBox in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the VirtualBox you simply need to drag & drop the VirtualBox application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the VirtualBox from your machine.
VirtualBox Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of VirtualBox application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. VirtualBox supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the VirtualBox Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of VirtualBox is not that easy, you need to find all the location where VirtualBox has saved the files. Some of the location where VirtualBox would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall VirtualBox completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the VirtualBox Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall VirtualBox & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the VirtualBox application process running then quit it, make sure that VirtualBox processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the VirtualBox name.
- Searching "VirtualBox" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the VirtualBox app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning VirtualBox Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove VirtualBox app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.