Uninstall SmartBackup Application in Mac OS X SmartBackup removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall SmartBackup apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall SmartBackup completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling SmartBackup application?
Uninstalling SmartBackup in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the SmartBackup you simply need to drag & drop the SmartBackup application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the SmartBackup from your machine.
SmartBackup Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of SmartBackup application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. SmartBackup supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the SmartBackup Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of SmartBackup is not that easy, you need to find all the location where SmartBackup has saved the files. Some of the location where SmartBackup would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall SmartBackup completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the SmartBackup Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall SmartBackup & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the SmartBackup application process running then quit it, make sure that SmartBackup processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the SmartBackup name.
- Searching "SmartBackup" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the SmartBackup app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning SmartBackup Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove SmartBackup app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.