Uninstall My Library Application in Mac OS X My Library removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall My Library apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall My Library completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling My Library application?
Uninstalling My Library in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the My Library you simply need to drag & drop the My Library application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the My Library from your machine.
My Library Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of My Library application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. My Library supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the My Library Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of My Library is not that easy, you need to find all the location where My Library has saved the files. Some of the location where My Library would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall My Library completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the My Library Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall My Library & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the My Library application process running then quit it, make sure that My Library processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the My Library name.
- Searching "My Library" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the My Library app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning My Library Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove My Library app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.