Uninstall Packer Application in Mac OS X Packer removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Packer apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Packer completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Packer application?
Uninstalling Packer in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Packer you simply need to drag & drop the Packer application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Packer from your machine.
Packer Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Packer application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Packer supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Packer Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Packer is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Packer has saved the files. Some of the location where Packer would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Packer completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Packer Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Packer & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Packer application process running then quit it, make sure that Packer processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Packer name.
- Searching "Packer" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Packer app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Packer Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Packer app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.