Uninstall RESTed Application in Mac OS X RESTed removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall RESTed apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall RESTed completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling RESTed application?
Uninstalling RESTed in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the RESTed you simply need to drag & drop the RESTed application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the RESTed from your machine.
RESTed Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of RESTed application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. RESTed supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the RESTed Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of RESTed is not that easy, you need to find all the location where RESTed has saved the files. Some of the location where RESTed would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall RESTed completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the RESTed Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall RESTed & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the RESTed application process running then quit it, make sure that RESTed processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the RESTed name.
- Searching "RESTed" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the RESTed app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning RESTed Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove RESTed app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.