Uninstall Downcast Application in Mac OS X Downcast removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Downcast apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Downcast completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Downcast application?
Uninstalling Downcast in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Downcast you simply need to drag & drop the Downcast application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Downcast from your machine.
Downcast Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Downcast application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Downcast supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Downcast Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Downcast is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Downcast has saved the files. Some of the location where Downcast would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Downcast completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Downcast Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Downcast & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Downcast application process running then quit it, make sure that Downcast processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Downcast name.
- Searching "Downcast" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Downcast app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Downcast Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Downcast app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.