Uninstall Moodle Application in Mac OS X Moodle removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Moodle apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Moodle completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Moodle application?
Uninstalling Moodle in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Moodle you simply need to drag & drop the Moodle application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Moodle from your machine.
Moodle Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Moodle application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Moodle supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Moodle Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Moodle is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Moodle has saved the files. Some of the location where Moodle would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Moodle completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Moodle Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Moodle & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Moodle application process running then quit it, make sure that Moodle processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Moodle name.
- Searching "Moodle" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Moodle app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Moodle Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Moodle app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.