Uninstall Python Application in Mac OS X Python removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Python apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Python completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Python application?
Uninstalling Python in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Python you simply need to drag & drop the Python application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Python from your machine.
Python Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Python application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Python supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Python Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Python is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Python has saved the files. Some of the location where Python would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Python completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Python Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Python & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Python application process running then quit it, make sure that Python processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Python name.
- Searching "Python" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Python app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Python Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Python app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.