Uninstall Oracle Java Application in Mac OS X Oracle Java removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Oracle Java apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Oracle Java completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Oracle Java application?
Uninstalling Oracle Java in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Oracle Java you simply need to drag & drop the Oracle Java application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Oracle Java from your machine.
Oracle Java Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Oracle Java application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Oracle Java supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Oracle Java Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Oracle Java is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Oracle Java has saved the files. Some of the location where Oracle Java would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Oracle Java completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Oracle Java Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Oracle Java & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Oracle Java application process running then quit it, make sure that Oracle Java processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Oracle Java name.
- Searching "Oracle Java" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Oracle Java app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Oracle Java Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Oracle Java app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.