Uninstall LibreOffice Application in Mac OS X LibreOffice removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall LibreOffice apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall LibreOffice completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling LibreOffice application?
Uninstalling LibreOffice in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the LibreOffice you simply need to drag & drop the LibreOffice application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the LibreOffice from your machine.
LibreOffice Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of LibreOffice application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. LibreOffice supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the LibreOffice Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of LibreOffice is not that easy, you need to find all the location where LibreOffice has saved the files. Some of the location where LibreOffice would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall LibreOffice completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the LibreOffice Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall LibreOffice & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the LibreOffice application process running then quit it, make sure that LibreOffice processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the LibreOffice name.
- Searching "LibreOffice" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the LibreOffice app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning LibreOffice Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove LibreOffice app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.