Uninstall Fonts Application in Mac OS X Fonts removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Fonts apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Fonts completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Fonts application?
Uninstalling Fonts in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Fonts you simply need to drag & drop the Fonts application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Fonts from your machine.
Fonts Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Fonts application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Fonts supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Fonts Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Fonts is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Fonts has saved the files. Some of the location where Fonts would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Fonts completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Fonts Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Fonts & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Fonts application process running then quit it, make sure that Fonts processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Fonts name.
- Searching "Fonts" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Fonts app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Fonts Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Fonts app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.