Uninstall Sketch Application in Mac OS X Sketch removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Sketch apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Sketch completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Sketch application?
Uninstalling Sketch in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Sketch you simply need to drag & drop the Sketch application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Sketch from your machine.
Sketch Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Sketch application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Sketch supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Sketch Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Sketch is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Sketch has saved the files. Some of the location where Sketch would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Sketch completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Sketch Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Sketch & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Sketch application process running then quit it, make sure that Sketch processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Sketch name.
- Searching "Sketch" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Sketch app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Sketch Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Sketch app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.