Uninstall Tor Browser Application in Mac OS X Tor Browser removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Tor Browser apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Tor Browser completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Tor Browser application?
Uninstalling Tor Browser in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Tor Browser you simply need to drag & drop the Tor Browser application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Tor Browser from your machine.
Tor Browser Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Tor Browser application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Tor Browser supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Tor Browser Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Tor Browser is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Tor Browser has saved the files. Some of the location where Tor Browser would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Tor Browser completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Tor Browser Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Tor Browser & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Tor Browser application process running then quit it, make sure that Tor Browser processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Tor Browser name.
- Searching "Tor Browser" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Tor Browser app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Tor Browser Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Tor Browser app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.