Uninstall 1Password Application in Mac OS X 1Password removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall 1Password apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall 1Password completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling 1Password application?
Uninstalling 1Password in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the 1Password you simply need to drag & drop the 1Password application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the 1Password from your machine.
1Password Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of 1Password application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. 1Password supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the 1Password Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of 1Password is not that easy, you need to find all the location where 1Password has saved the files. Some of the location where 1Password would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall 1Password completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the 1Password Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall 1Password & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the 1Password application process running then quit it, make sure that 1Password processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the 1Password name.
- Searching "1Password" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the 1Password app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning 1Password Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove 1Password app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.