Uninstall ProTA Application in Mac OS X ProTA removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall ProTA apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall ProTA completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling ProTA application?
Uninstalling ProTA in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the ProTA you simply need to drag & drop the ProTA application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the ProTA from your machine.
ProTA Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of ProTA application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. ProTA supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the ProTA Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of ProTA is not that easy, you need to find all the location where ProTA has saved the files. Some of the location where ProTA would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall ProTA completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the ProTA Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall ProTA & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the ProTA application process running then quit it, make sure that ProTA processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the ProTA name.
- Searching "ProTA" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the ProTA app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning ProTA Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove ProTA app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.