Uninstall Poedit Application in Mac OS X Poedit removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Poedit apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Poedit completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Poedit application?
Uninstalling Poedit in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Poedit you simply need to drag & drop the Poedit application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Poedit from your machine.
Poedit Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Poedit application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Poedit supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Poedit Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Poedit is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Poedit has saved the files. Some of the location where Poedit would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Poedit completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Poedit Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Poedit & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Poedit application process running then quit it, make sure that Poedit processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Poedit name.
- Searching "Poedit" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Poedit app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Poedit Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Poedit app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.