Uninstall BetterTouchTool Application in Mac OS X BetterTouchTool removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall BetterTouchTool apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall BetterTouchTool completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling BetterTouchTool application?
Uninstalling BetterTouchTool in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the BetterTouchTool you simply need to drag & drop the BetterTouchTool application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the BetterTouchTool from your machine.
BetterTouchTool Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of BetterTouchTool application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. BetterTouchTool supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the BetterTouchTool Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of BetterTouchTool is not that easy, you need to find all the location where BetterTouchTool has saved the files. Some of the location where BetterTouchTool would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall BetterTouchTool completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the BetterTouchTool Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall BetterTouchTool & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the BetterTouchTool application process running then quit it, make sure that BetterTouchTool processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the BetterTouchTool name.
- Searching "BetterTouchTool" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the BetterTouchTool app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning BetterTouchTool Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove BetterTouchTool app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.