Uninstall Apache OpenOffice Application in Mac OS X Apache OpenOffice removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Apache OpenOffice apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Apache OpenOffice completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Apache OpenOffice application?
Uninstalling Apache OpenOffice in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Apache OpenOffice you simply need to drag & drop the Apache OpenOffice application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Apache OpenOffice from your machine.
Apache OpenOffice Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Apache OpenOffice application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Apache OpenOffice supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Apache OpenOffice Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Apache OpenOffice is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Apache OpenOffice has saved the files. Some of the location where Apache OpenOffice would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Apache OpenOffice completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Apache OpenOffice Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Apache OpenOffice & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Apache OpenOffice application process running then quit it, make sure that Apache OpenOffice processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Apache OpenOffice name.
- Searching "Apache OpenOffice" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Apache OpenOffice app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Apache OpenOffice Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Apache OpenOffice app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.