Uninstall Domino Application in Mac OS X Domino removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Domino apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Domino completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Domino application?
Uninstalling Domino in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Domino you simply need to drag & drop the Domino application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Domino from your machine.
Domino Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Domino application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Domino supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Domino Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Domino is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Domino has saved the files. Some of the location where Domino would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Domino completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Domino Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Domino & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Domino application process running then quit it, make sure that Domino processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Domino name.
- Searching "Domino" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Domino app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Domino Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Domino app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.