Uninstall SecureCRT Application in Mac OS X SecureCRT removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall SecureCRT apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall SecureCRT completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling SecureCRT application?
Uninstalling SecureCRT in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the SecureCRT you simply need to drag & drop the SecureCRT application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the SecureCRT from your machine.
SecureCRT Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of SecureCRT application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. SecureCRT supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the SecureCRT Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of SecureCRT is not that easy, you need to find all the location where SecureCRT has saved the files. Some of the location where SecureCRT would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall SecureCRT completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the SecureCRT Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall SecureCRT & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the SecureCRT application process running then quit it, make sure that SecureCRT processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the SecureCRT name.
- Searching "SecureCRT" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the SecureCRT app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning SecureCRT Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove SecureCRT app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.