Uninstall Acorn Application in Mac OS X Acorn removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Acorn apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Acorn completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Acorn application?
Uninstalling Acorn in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Acorn you simply need to drag & drop the Acorn application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Acorn from your machine.
Acorn Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Acorn application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Acorn supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Acorn Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Acorn is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Acorn has saved the files. Some of the location where Acorn would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Acorn completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Acorn Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Acorn & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Acorn application process running then quit it, make sure that Acorn processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Acorn name.
- Searching "Acorn" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Acorn app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Acorn Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Acorn app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.