Uninstall Dropbox Application in Mac OS X Dropbox removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Dropbox apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Dropbox completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Dropbox application?
Uninstalling Dropbox in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Dropbox you simply need to drag & drop the Dropbox application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Dropbox from your machine.
Dropbox Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Dropbox application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Dropbox supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Dropbox Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Dropbox is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Dropbox has saved the files. Some of the location where Dropbox would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Dropbox completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Dropbox Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Dropbox & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Dropbox application process running then quit it, make sure that Dropbox processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Dropbox name.
- Searching "Dropbox" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Dropbox app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Dropbox Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Dropbox app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.