Uninstall DxO ViewPoint Application in Mac OS X DxO ViewPoint removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall DxO ViewPoint apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall DxO ViewPoint completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling DxO ViewPoint application?
Uninstalling DxO ViewPoint in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the DxO ViewPoint you simply need to drag & drop the DxO ViewPoint application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the DxO ViewPoint from your machine.
DxO ViewPoint Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of DxO ViewPoint application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. DxO ViewPoint supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the DxO ViewPoint Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of DxO ViewPoint is not that easy, you need to find all the location where DxO ViewPoint has saved the files. Some of the location where DxO ViewPoint would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall DxO ViewPoint completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the DxO ViewPoint Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall DxO ViewPoint & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the DxO ViewPoint application process running then quit it, make sure that DxO ViewPoint processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the DxO ViewPoint name.
- Searching "DxO ViewPoint" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the DxO ViewPoint app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning DxO ViewPoint Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove DxO ViewPoint app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.