Uninstall StuffIt Deluxe Application in Mac OS X StuffIt Deluxe removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall StuffIt Deluxe apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall StuffIt Deluxe completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling StuffIt Deluxe application?
Uninstalling StuffIt Deluxe in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the StuffIt Deluxe you simply need to drag & drop the StuffIt Deluxe application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the StuffIt Deluxe from your machine.
StuffIt Deluxe Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of StuffIt Deluxe application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. StuffIt Deluxe supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the StuffIt Deluxe Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of StuffIt Deluxe is not that easy, you need to find all the location where StuffIt Deluxe has saved the files. Some of the location where StuffIt Deluxe would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall StuffIt Deluxe completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the StuffIt Deluxe Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall StuffIt Deluxe & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the StuffIt Deluxe application process running then quit it, make sure that StuffIt Deluxe processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the StuffIt Deluxe name.
- Searching "StuffIt Deluxe" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the StuffIt Deluxe app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning StuffIt Deluxe Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove StuffIt Deluxe app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.