Uninstall R for Mac OS X Application in Mac OS X R for Mac OS X removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall R for Mac OS X apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall R for Mac OS X completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling R for Mac OS X application?
Uninstalling R for Mac OS X in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the R for Mac OS X you simply need to drag & drop the R for Mac OS X application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the R for Mac OS X from your machine.
R for Mac OS X Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of R for Mac OS X application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. R for Mac OS X supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the R for Mac OS X Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of R for Mac OS X is not that easy, you need to find all the location where R for Mac OS X has saved the files. Some of the location where R for Mac OS X would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall R for Mac OS X completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the R for Mac OS X Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall R for Mac OS X & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the R for Mac OS X application process running then quit it, make sure that R for Mac OS X processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the R for Mac OS X name.
- Searching "R for Mac OS X" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the R for Mac OS X app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning R for Mac OS X Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove R for Mac OS X app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.