Uninstall GrowlMail Application in Mac OS X GrowlMail removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall GrowlMail apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall GrowlMail completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling GrowlMail application?
Uninstalling GrowlMail in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the GrowlMail you simply need to drag & drop the GrowlMail application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the GrowlMail from your machine.
GrowlMail Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of GrowlMail application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. GrowlMail supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the GrowlMail Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of GrowlMail is not that easy, you need to find all the location where GrowlMail has saved the files. Some of the location where GrowlMail would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall GrowlMail completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the GrowlMail Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall GrowlMail & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the GrowlMail application process running then quit it, make sure that GrowlMail processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the GrowlMail name.
- Searching "GrowlMail" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the GrowlMail app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning GrowlMail Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove GrowlMail app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.