Uninstall Kodi Application in Mac OS X Kodi removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Kodi apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Kodi completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Kodi application?
Uninstalling Kodi in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Kodi you simply need to drag & drop the Kodi application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Kodi from your machine.
Kodi Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Kodi application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Kodi supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Kodi Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Kodi is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Kodi has saved the files. Some of the location where Kodi would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Kodi completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Kodi Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Kodi & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Kodi application process running then quit it, make sure that Kodi processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Kodi name.
- Searching "Kodi" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Kodi app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Kodi Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Kodi app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.