Uninstall OmniFocus Application in Mac OS X OmniFocus removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall OmniFocus apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall OmniFocus completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling OmniFocus application?
Uninstalling OmniFocus in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the OmniFocus you simply need to drag & drop the OmniFocus application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the OmniFocus from your machine.
OmniFocus Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of OmniFocus application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. OmniFocus supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the OmniFocus Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of OmniFocus is not that easy, you need to find all the location where OmniFocus has saved the files. Some of the location where OmniFocus would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall OmniFocus completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the OmniFocus Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall OmniFocus & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the OmniFocus application process running then quit it, make sure that OmniFocus processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the OmniFocus name.
- Searching "OmniFocus" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the OmniFocus app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning OmniFocus Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove OmniFocus app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.