Uninstall BibDesk Application in Mac OS X BibDesk removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall BibDesk apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall BibDesk completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling BibDesk application?
Uninstalling BibDesk in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the BibDesk you simply need to drag & drop the BibDesk application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the BibDesk from your machine.
BibDesk Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of BibDesk application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. BibDesk supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the BibDesk Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of BibDesk is not that easy, you need to find all the location where BibDesk has saved the files. Some of the location where BibDesk would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall BibDesk completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the BibDesk Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall BibDesk & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the BibDesk application process running then quit it, make sure that BibDesk processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the BibDesk name.
- Searching "BibDesk" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the BibDesk app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning BibDesk Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove BibDesk app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.