Uninstall Swirl Application in Mac OS X Swirl removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Swirl apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Swirl completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Swirl application?
Uninstalling Swirl in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Swirl you simply need to drag & drop the Swirl application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Swirl from your machine.
Swirl Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Swirl application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Swirl supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Swirl Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Swirl is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Swirl has saved the files. Some of the location where Swirl would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Swirl completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Swirl Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Swirl & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Swirl application process running then quit it, make sure that Swirl processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Swirl name.
- Searching "Swirl" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Swirl app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Swirl Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Swirl app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.