Uninstall Mozilla Firefox Application in Mac OS X Mozilla Firefox removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Mozilla Firefox apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Mozilla Firefox completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Mozilla Firefox application?
Uninstalling Mozilla Firefox in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Mozilla Firefox you simply need to drag & drop the Mozilla Firefox application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Mozilla Firefox from your machine.
Mozilla Firefox Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Mozilla Firefox application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Mozilla Firefox supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Mozilla Firefox Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Mozilla Firefox is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Mozilla Firefox has saved the files. Some of the location where Mozilla Firefox would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Mozilla Firefox completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Mozilla Firefox Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Mozilla Firefox & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Mozilla Firefox application process running then quit it, make sure that Mozilla Firefox processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Mozilla Firefox name.
- Searching "Mozilla Firefox" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Mozilla Firefox app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Mozilla Firefox Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Mozilla Firefox app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.