Uninstall EtreCheck Application in Mac OS X EtreCheck removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall EtreCheck apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall EtreCheck completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling EtreCheck application?
Uninstalling EtreCheck in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the EtreCheck you simply need to drag & drop the EtreCheck application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the EtreCheck from your machine.
EtreCheck Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of EtreCheck application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. EtreCheck supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the EtreCheck Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of EtreCheck is not that easy, you need to find all the location where EtreCheck has saved the files. Some of the location where EtreCheck would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall EtreCheck completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the EtreCheck Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall EtreCheck & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the EtreCheck application process running then quit it, make sure that EtreCheck processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the EtreCheck name.
- Searching "EtreCheck" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the EtreCheck app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning EtreCheck Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove EtreCheck app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.