Uninstall Highlight Application in Mac OS X Highlight removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Highlight apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Highlight completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Highlight application?
Uninstalling Highlight in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Highlight you simply need to drag & drop the Highlight application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Highlight from your machine.
Highlight Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Highlight application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Highlight supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Highlight Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Highlight is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Highlight has saved the files. Some of the location where Highlight would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Highlight completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Highlight Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Highlight & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Highlight application process running then quit it, make sure that Highlight processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Highlight name.
- Searching "Highlight" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Highlight app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Highlight Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Highlight app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.